This notice explains how information about you will be used temporarily by St Mary’s Church LymmParochial Church Councilduring the Covid-19 pandemic crisis so we can take your booking and at the same time put in place a list of clergy, staff and visitors to the church building/s, as requested by the Government in support of NHS Test and Trace.
1. Who we are
St Mary the Virgin, Church Street Lymm are the data controller (contact details in section 7. below). This means we decide how your personal data is used and why.
2. The information we collect about you and why we need it
We collect your data in order to process your booking of a visit to the Church of St Mary’s Lymm However, we are also collecting your data for the purpose of supporting NHS Test and Trace, as requested by the Government.
Although we may have your contact details already the Covid-19 pandemic has created a unique situation and additional reasons for us to collect the name and contact telephone number of all clergy, staff and visitors who use/visit our church building/s in order to support NHS Test and Trace.
This is specifically in relation to contact tracing, which is the process of identifying, assessing, and managing people who have been exposed to a disease to prevent onward transmission and the investigation of local outbreaks.
In summary, Test and Trace:
- provides testing for anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus to find out if they have the virus;
- gets in touch with anyone who has had a positive test result to help them share information about any close recent contacts they have had; and
- alerts those contacts, where necessary, and notifies them they need to self-isolate to help stop the spread of the virus.
This is voluntary, and you can opt out of letting us share your details with NHS Test and Trace. We will still accept your booking.
3. Lawful basis
We will use your information lawfully, as explained below:
- Consent – We need your consent in order to collect your name and contact details to process your booking, and to share this with NHS Test and Trace if requested. You will give us your consent by providing your details by completing the on-line booking.
- Explicit consent – We need your explicit consent to collect your data on the basis that you may have revealed a religious belief by using/visiting our church building/s. You will give us your explicit consent by completing the on-line booking and opting in/indicating “Yes” where requested, or “No” if you do not want us to share you data with Test and Trace.
You can withdraw your consent at any time after giving your details by letting us know you no longer want us to keep or share your personal data for the purpose of Test and Trace, however, once we have given your details to Test and Trace we will no longer be able to prevent processing. To contact us, please see our contact details at 7. below. We will continue to process your booking data, unless told otherwise.
4. Sharing your data
Personal data that is collected for bookings will be used only to share with NHS Test and Trace if requested. It will not be used for other purposes outside of those specified in this Privacy Notice.
5. Data Retention
We will keep your name and contact details for [insert relevant retention period for your bookings data] and will dispose of it after this period.
6. Your Legal Rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR or DPA 2018, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
7. Complaints and queries
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
GDPR Officer & Data Controller- Carol Roberts 01925 756249
If you do not feel that your complaint has been dealt with appropriately, please contact [GDPR Officer & Data Controller- Carol Roberts 01925 756249
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or online: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/ or https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/